Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac
Integrated security suite with antivirus and two-way firewall
Authenticates popular shopping and banking sites and blocks phishing sites
Automatically scans and cleans downloaded files and email attachments
Daily updates to protect your Mac® from late-breaking threats.
Free 24/7 technical support
Browse, shop and bank online without worrying about online identity theft, web attacks or scams
- Identifies safe websites and blocks dangerous sites—including phishing sites set up to steal your identity or other personal information.
- Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, swiping your personal information and messing with your stuff.
Detects and eliminates online threats so you can safely email, chat and share stuff
- Protects your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects and other important stuff from online threats.
- Scans attachments received through email and iChat® for threats.
- Finds and gets rid of spyware that can be used to eavesdrop on you, steal your personal information and take control of your Mac.
Automatic, customizable protection keeps your stuff safe without slowing you down or getting in your way
- Updates at least once a day to automatically detect new threats that try to take advantage of vulnerabilities in applications and software on your Mac®.
- Scans and updates in the background, so you won’t even know it’s there.
- Lets you control what applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac and what they can do and see.
- Norton Safe Web: Proactively protects you while you surf the Web by warning you of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in your search results. (Mac OS® X 10.7 only)
- Antiphishing Technology: Blocks fraudulent phishing websites created to steal your identity and your money.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac®, stealing your personal information and messing with your stuff.
- Location Awareness: Lets you adjust your level of protection depending upon where you’re using your Mac® (at home, the office, the local coffee shop, on the road).
- Vulnerability Protection: Updates daily to stop cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in applications and other software to sneak threats onto your computer.
- AntiVirus Protection: Protects your Mac®, iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects and all your important stuff from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing down your computer.
- Confidential File Guard: Password protects your stuff to keep it safe from prying eyes.
- Daily Protection Updates: Runs in the background to protect your Mac®—and your stuff—from new, late-breaking threats.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring: Scans MobileMe®, iChat® and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
- FREE 24x7 Support: Symantec provides free 24/7 email, chat and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation.*
- Protection options for Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7: Includes both Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac® (for Mac OS® X v10.7) and Norton™ Internet Security 4 for Mac® (for Mac OS X 10.4.11–10.6 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs)
Operating System Supported
- Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac Mac OS® X 10.7 only
- Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs
Browser Support for SafeWeb and Phishing Protection
- Safari 5.0 and earlier
- Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 and later
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac
- Mac® system with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdateTMsecurity updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac
- Macintosh system with PowerPC or Intel Core processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB Recommended)
- 150 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive
Instant Messaging Clients Supported for Confidential Data Filtering
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac